Mold Removal

Getting rid of mold and mildew

Mold is a naturally occurring, necessary substance in our environment. It breaks down dead organic matter such as dead leaves. On the inside of a home, however, it is a much different case. Indoors, mold can make you or other members of your household sick.

The most common problem caused by mold is allergies. Inhaling or touching mold spores can cause an allergic reaction; therefore, it is important that you take action to remove mold from your home as soon as it appears.

Advertiser Links for Home Improvement

Mold removal is very important to keeping your family healthy.

Mold and mildew removal is not a complicated process and can be accomplished by just about anyone. However, whether or not you should perform the duty yourself or enlist the assistance of a paid professional depends on a few factors. First of all, it really depends on the size of the mold problem. If the area of mold in your home is less than 10 square feet, then most likely you can remove it on your own. If the area of mold is greater than 10 square feet but you feel you are able to take care of it yourself anyway, then you may want to consult the EPA publication Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings. This is an excellent resource that will provide you with a wealth of information, even though you are removing mold from a residential area and not a school or commercial building. However, the best recourse for mold in excess of 10 square feet is to seek professional mold removal.

If you have decided to have a professional contractor take care of the problem for you, be sure that he or she has had experience in black mold removal. It doesn't hurt to ask the contractor to follow the guidelines laid out in the Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings publication, either.

If you have the suspicion that your heating, venting or air conditioning has been infected with mold, consult the EPA guide Should You Have the Air Ducts in Your Home Cleaned?; this will let you know what actions you should take in order to treat the problem.

Add your comments
Add your comments:
Enter the code (case sensitive)
Read Comments
Gee, thanks for wasting my time. I did a search on how to remove mold and your site came up. What a joke.
Posted on 9/14/2011 2:01:00 PM by Anonymous
just sayin when some one looks up a way to remove mold from there home and u post a site for that then tell them how dont beat around the bush then tell them nothing ur site sucks
Posted on 8/29/2011 2:53:00 PM by Anonymous
Your Home DIY