Your Patio Awning Shopping Guide
If you have a patio or deck attached to your home, chances are you would love to sit out and relax on it more often than you do. Perhaps you would even like to be able to enjoy meals outside, or entertain family and friends out there. The problem is, the weather doesn't always cooperate with your plans. At times, it is just too hot to take pleasure in sitting outside. The sun is just too strong, and a little shade would be nice. Other times, a little rain keeps you indoors.
Why not consider getting a patio awning? Unlike a patio umbrella, a patio awning can provide coverage over your entire deck or patio. This would open up a whole new world of opportunities for using your patio or deck!
Advertiser Links for exterior home design
Benefits of a Patio Awning
There are a lot of advantages to a patio awning. Some are fairly obvious; others you might not have thought of yet. Here's a listing of some of the biggest benefits to patio awnings:
- Patio awnings block UV rays, both outside and inside. This will help to keep your furniture as brightly-colored as the day you purchased it.
- Because they provide shade to the outside and inside, awnings reduce the heat of both areas. This means that homeowners can turn down their air conditioning units inside, thereby reducing their energy bills.
- Many patio awnings are retractable patio awnings, meaning that you can close them during poor weather and over the winter. Retractable patio awnings often are available with insect screen accessories and come in many different styles and designs.
- Other patio awnings are aluminum awnings or metal awnings; these can help keep your patio or deck as much as 20 degrees cooler. An aluminum awning or metal awning can be styled to match the decor your home.
- With any type of patio awning, you will be able to enjoy your patio or deck regardless of the weather – neither rain nor blazing sun will stop you from spending time on your patio or deck.